Stream Industrial Doctorate Programme – Research Engineer
EngD researching future water distribution networks (October 2013 – present)
Specifically looking at how the increasingly available data can be transformed into actionable information, to enhance network management and customer service. Hosted by University of Sheffield and sponsored by Anglian Water.
Brunel University London
MSc Water Engineering (October 2012 – September 2013)
Covering a number of areas including Water Process Engineering and Water Treatment Engineering.
The final MSc thesis was based on a lab project considering the use of geotextile layers to enable biological treatment of stormwater.
Royal Holloway, University of London
BSc Phyics (2:1) (October 2006 – July 2009)
The Deepings School
A levels (2003-2005)
Communication Studies (A), Mathematics (B), Physics (B), General Studies (A)
Additionally AS level Theatre Studies (D)
9 1/2 including Mathematics (A), Double Science (A/A), English (A), German (A), French (A)
JE Coakley Ltd (RxSport)
Administration Assistant (August 2010 – September 2012)
A varied and demanding role in a small web based prescription sports eye-wear company.
- Maintained and updated web content, using Interspire and Photoshop software packages.
- Researched new technologies and products within the field of sports optics and associated areas.
- Provided customer support at both a sales and technical level.
Peterborough City Council, Planning Department
Technical Administration Officer (June 2006 – September 2008)
- Recurring summer job, before and during my undergraduate degree, with increasing responsibilities.
- Maintained the department filing room, later becoming involved in a project to convert to an electronic archive of planning applications. Inputting planning application details onto the internal database, including outlining the sites. Providing customer support for the planning portal.
Christel House India, Bangalore
Volunteer Mathematics Teacher (January 2006 – March 2006)
- Teaching remedial mathematics to small groups of students. Creating daily lesson plans to facilitate learning within the different age groups.
- Leading a daily reading group of 15 pupils of mixed ability. Represented the school at a corporate fundraising event.